This event is SOLD OUT.
Due to security requirements Books Inc. in Opera Plaza will not be open to non-ticket holders for the duration of this event. Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause. We will open for business to the general public after the event until our usual closing time of 8:00 PM.
Former Secretary of State and first female major party presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton signs copies of her new memoir, What Happened.
Please note: This is a ticketed event. Ticket includes a copy of What Happened.
- Positions in the signing line will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Hillary Clinton will sign copies of WHAT HAPPENED and the 2017 illustrated children’s book edition of IT TAKES A VILLAGE (while supplies last) only.
- No backlist titles will be signed.
- No memorabilia will be signed.
- Due to the high attendance of this event we cannot guarantee that the author will sign more than ONE COPY of WHAT HAPPENED and ONE COPY of IT TAKES A VILLAGE PER PERSON.
- To reach as many people as possible, books will be autographed only. No personalization.
- Photos: customers can take photos from the line up to a certain point. No posed photos w/ the author.
- The signing line will form outside the store on Van Ness heading North past Peet's coffee, then winding around the block down Turk Street.
- Update: Phones must be in pockets when approaching the signing table--and they must stay in pockets for the duration of being in the booksigning area.
What Happened has a strict release date of September 12. One copy of What Happened is included with ticket purchase. Beginning September 16 ticket holders may claim their copy of What Happened prior to the event by showing proof of ticket purchase. Ticket holders books may be claimed at Books Inc. Opera Plaza only. Books not claimed prior to the event will be distrubuted to ticket holders the day of Hillary Clinton's booksigning at Books Inc. Opera Plaza.