- A market leader in Costa Rica travel guides
- Updated every year
- Full chapter on biodiversity
- Editor’s Choice: In depth features on coffee, canopy tours, beaches, national parks, and surfing
- 3.1 million foreign visitors in 2019, 4.1% more than in 2018
- Daily flights from JFK to San José began in late 2019
- Eco-friendly hotel openings, including Six Senses, W Costa Rica, and Andaz Papagayo
- One of the world’s most bio-diverse and eco-friendly destinations. In 2019 the UN named Costa Rica "Champion of the Earth," for fighting climate change.
- San José made Fodor’s Go List in 2020
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
- New back cover is fully-redesigned
- “Best of” Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries and Outdoor Adventures
- “Travel Smart” (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
- Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book main description