111 Places in Seattle That You Must Not Miss (Paperback)
- The ultimate insider's guide to Seattle for locals and experienced travelers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (4 million people live in the Seattle Metropolitan area)and the tourist market (more than 34 million people visit Seattle every year )
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
- Revised and updated edition
Seattle's first big boom was in 1897, when hundreds of thousands of 'Stampeders' with their hearts set on finding gold in Alaska and Canada's Yukon Territory stopped here to purchase supplies and gear up for prospecting trips up North. Since then, the city has fueled the hopes, dreams, and imaginations of countless others. Some changed the city skyline, the world's skies, the world of art and music, and even our coffee cups with their ideas and inventions. Others have left us with some unusual, offbeat, and truly odd spaces and places. From a coin-operated attraction filled with some of the world's largest shoes to the world's greenest commercial building, urban old growth forests, a haunted staircase and museums dedicated to pinball machines, dialysis machines, and rubber chickens, 111 Places in Seattle That You Must Not Miss is filled with invitations and inspirations for locals and visitors alike to explore the Emerald City's hidden treasures, overlooked gems, and charming curiosities. Some of the 111 places here you think you know but will discover from a new angle. Others will be surprises that will encourage you to keep exploring.