Lonely Planet Gourmet Trails of Europe 1 (Lonely Planet Food) (Hardcover)
Feed your wanderlust with 40 indulgent food and drink itineraries throughout Europe. Dine below Norway's icy North Sea; devour sumptuous mezedhes in Greece; forage for wild herbs in Germany's Black Forest - with weekend 'gourmet trails' for every budget and taste bud, this book will take you on a tour of the best epicurean regions. Bon appetit!
Meet the chefs cooking heirloom recipes; the trailblazing winemakers producing world-famous vino; and the culinary pioneers creating a whole new food language. Whether you wish to spend your next perfect weekend feasting on bugs in Wales or discovering UNESCO vineyards in France, this unique guide is packed with unforgettable eateries, fiercely local food specialities and essential 'gourmet trail' information to make planning your next gastronomic adventure as easy as pie.
Inside Gourmet Trails - Europe:
- Discover 40 epic food and drink weekend itineraries and unearth unforgettable experiences around Europe that will take you to bustling farmers' markets, rustic taverns, innovative restaurants, decadent chocolateries, revolutionary eco-distilleries, vibrant pop-up bars and beyond
- In the know recommendations from expertsand insider tips to help you reserve a seat at a renowned restaurant or reveal an off-the-beaten-track secret gem
- Essential trip planning information and tips provided for each gourmet trail including: a history of each region; how to get there; where to eat and drink; where to stay; what to do; festivals and celebrations
- Beautiful full-colour photography and gourmet trail maps to inspire your next trip
- Covers: Central Europe (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland), Northern Europe (Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Sweden, UK), Southern Europe (Albania, Croatia, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Turkey)
Whether you're planning your next culinary getaway, seeking delicious armchair inspiration or looking for the perfect gift to give to a foodie in your life, this beautiful book is the ultimate guide to eating and drinking throughout Europe. It's time to tuck in.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world's number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).