Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Everyday Spirituality: Discover a Life of Hope, Peace, and Meaning
- Are you longing for a spiritual connection, but too busy?
- Do you seek more peace in your life?
- Is God important to you, but this fragmented world is distracting you?
In this conversational, thoughtful and at times humorous book, James Hazelwood helps you discover that much of your everyday, so-called ordinary life, is actually quite spiritual. You'll finish this book with a whole new perspective on life, and a lot less guilt about what you should be doing.
In this book, you'll discover
- Life is full of sacred moments, and they are found in daily life, not in monasteries or with gurus.
- A way to be a graceful person in a hectic life.
- Humorous stories of everyday people just like you discovering a meaning-filled life.
- A glimpse of an open accepting and broadly inclusive expression of the Christian faith, one that embraces other religions, philosophers, literature, and psychology.
Everyday Spirituality presents 27 easy to read short chapters making it the kind of book you can digest in short reading sessions. Keep it in your car when you've got five minutes waiting to pick up the kids at school, or during a lunch break at work. Then talk about it with your friends over pizza. Everyday Spirituality is for people who have left the church, never went, or are still hanging on
. What they all have in common is, the old way just isn't working. Not because it's wasn't of value, instead because, well, life got crazy, work took over, and who has time to sit and pray and read a devotional every day for an hour?
Instead, what if your life was the prayer. Your walk in the mall, your dinner with friends, your questions, your travels, even your time at the gym...what if you saw all that as a connection to that which is timeless, eternal and holy. Would your life be different, better, filled with hope? You bet it would. "I've been struggling with how to be a faithful person for decades. This book helped me see a new way, and it's tremendously helpful." Chris F.