Moon Baja: Tijuana to Los Cabos: Road Trips, Surfing & Diving, Local Flavors (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Wild ocean, rugged desert mountains, and a wealth of culinary delights: Immerse yourself in this colorful peninsula with Moon Baja. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries for road-trippers, foodies, ocean adventurers, and more, whether you're spending a few days or a few weeks in Baja
- Road trips including Tijuana to Tecate, the Cabo Loop, a classic Baja road trip, and four-day getaways to the best of La Ruta del Vino, San Felipe, and Loreto
- The top activities and unique experiences: Cruise down Mexico's Highway 1 with endless desert as a backdrop and the warm Baja breeze on your face. Sip cerveza from your hammock or take a Panga ride to see dolphins, whales, and sharks in the Sea of Cortez. Shop for beautiful artisan goods in Loreto and make a bonfire on the beach as the sun sets over the ocean
- The best local flavors: Go wine tasting in Ensenada, sample fresh fish tacos on the beaches of Los Cabos, and check out the trendy street food and craft beer scenes in Tijuana
- Honest advice from Baja expert Jennifer Kramer
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful background on the landscape, culture, history, and environment, plus tips for health and safety, how to get around, and a handy Spanish phrasebook
Experience the best of Baja with Moon.
Hoping for más Mexico? Check out Moon Yucatán Peninsula or Moon Mexico City.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Jen and her husband currently live in San Diego and lead culinary, wine, and beer tours of Baja. When not working, Jen can be found scouting the best taco stands in Tijuana or relaxing at boutique wineries in the Valle de Guadalupe.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times