Moon Oregon: Coastal Getaways, Craft Beer & Wine, Hiking & Camping (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Flexible itineraries, whether you're visiting the Oregon Coast, checking out the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood, or road-tripping the whole state
- Strategic advice for outdoors-lovers, foodies, culture and history buffs, and more
- Can't-miss experiences and unique activities: Sample clam chowder in quaint seaside towns on a coastal road trip or get to know Portland's renowned craft beer scene. Catch a performance at the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, shop for organic produce at a local farmers market, or sip your way through Oregon's best wineries
- Outdoor adventures: Hike to rushing waterfalls, soak in hidden hot springs, and spot wild mustangs, gray whales, or eagles. Trek to unbeatable views of Crater Lake (the deepest lake in America!), cycle along the Willamette River, or ski the fresh powder on Mount Hood
- Expert insight from Oregon local Matt Wastradowski on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background information on the culture, landscape, climate, and wildlife, plus handy recommendations for international visitors, families with kids, travelers of color, women travelers, and more
- Focused coverage of Portland, Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood, the Willamette Valley, the Oregon Coast, Crater Lake and Southern Oregon, Bend and Central Oregon, and Eastern Oregon
Sticking to one spot? Try Moon Coastal Oregon or Moon Columbia River Gorge & Mount Hood. Looking for outdoor adventure? Check out Moon Oregon Hiking.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times