Storytelling in Presentations for Dummies (Paperback)
Learn to influence audiences with storyopia: Stories that take them on a journey from what is to what could be:
Storytelling in Presentations For Dummies shows you how to develop and deliver a presentation through storytelling, keeping audience interested, and most importantly, making them heroes that take action towards change. You'll learn how to cull stories from your own experiences, and before you know it, you'll have more stories than Aesop has fables. You'll learn about the latest presentation software, so you can integrate visuals into your presentations and avoid the dreaded "Death by PowerPoint." You'll also learn how to deal with challenging on-the-spot situations, deliver investor pitches and executive briefs, and present a paper at a conference. Additionally, find out how to deliver someone else's content and make it your own.
This book will help you level up anywhere you need to present information by mastering the art of savvy presentations--the most effective business communications tools of our time.
- Identify experiences that can be molded into stories that drive change.
- Prepare powerful openings to hook your audience right away whether delivering in person, online, or hybrid
- Have your audience get the most from your presentation with an effective call to action
- Prepare a storyboard, which is like a frame-by-frame roadmap, that will mesh together what you'll show and what you'll tell
- Leverage software like Canva, Prezi, and Storyboarder to tie your presentation together
- Enjoy the colorful 8-page mini-booklet, "Storytelling to Storyboarding"
This Dummies guide is perfect for any professional who needs to present, and at some time all professionals do. It's also for entrepreneurs who want to build community and grow their business, in addition to students who want to wow teachers and classmates.