Books Inc.'s Teen Advisory Board (TAB) Information and Application
Books Inc. ’s Teen Advisory Board (TAB) Information and Application
We are so excited that you are interested in joining one of Books Inc.’s two Teen Advisory Boards! Please make sure to read our goals and expectations for our Teen Advisory Boards. If it all sounds fun to you, you are between the ages of 13 & 17, and you think you can agree to the commitment, make sure to fill out and return the application and the parent/ guardian permission slip to the appropriate Books Inc. Location: Books Inc. in the Marina (SF) or Books Inc. Campbell.
Teen Advisory Board Goals and Expectations
Our goal in creating the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is to foster a community with our Teen readers. We are looking for enthusiastic teens, ages 13-17, interested in all things book related who are able to meet once a month to review books, create interesting displays, volunteer at events, and give informed and unique event and buying input.
TAB Members will be required to:
- Attend at least 6 of the 9 meetings
- Write at least three 2-3 paragraph reviews for Books Inc’s YA Blog
- Volunteer for at least 2 Books Inc. Kids or YA events
TAB Members are encouraged to:
- Create fun and eye-catching book displays
- Write creative and fun blog posts
- Promote Books Inc.’s YA events on personal social media accounts, specifically those hosted in their store
- Write Shelf Talkers for the YA section
- Come up with fun themes and craft ideas for future meetings
- Give buying advice to the Books Inc. Children’s specialist
- Nominate a Buzz Book
- Give feedback and advice on NYMBC Teen Events
- Interview YA authors
- Create fun book themed events for their respective store
- Volunteer at author events
- Recruit fellow book lovers for the Teen Advisory Board
- Attend other Books Inc. Events
- Read and have fun!
Each meeting will be 1-2 hours long depending on the pre-planned activities, and will be supervised by the Books Inc. Children’s specialist or Manager. At our August meeting we will discuss, as a group, what the members want to accomplish or do at each meeting. However, the most important thing we’ll do is talk about books! Review them, write shelf-talkers, and convince the Books Inc. Children’s Specialist on what we HAVE to have on our shelves.
Every month, Books Inc.’s Children’s Event Coordinator, Hannah Walcher, will send the teens an email featuring all upcoming YA and Children’s Events that they can volunteer for. If the TAB members have any requests for author visits, they should contact Hannah.
2019/2020 Schedule *
*Every Second Saturday from 3-5PM , time and dates are subject to change
July – NO MEETING
December- NO MEETING
May- 5/9Last Meeting Before Summer Break
June- NO MEETING
If you have reviewed our requirements and schedule and are excited and able to join one of our two Books Inc. Teen Advisory Boards, either at Books Inc. Campbell or Books Inc. in the Marina, please fill out and return the following 2 pages to your respective store location before the first meeting you are able to attend.