With writing appearing on Huffington Post, The Good Men Project, XOJane, and on her blog, Speaking of Marriage, psychotherapist Winifred M. Reilly, M.A., MFT celebrates the launch of her refreshing and witty book, It Takes One to Tango: How I Rescued My Marriage with (Almost) No Help from My Spouse and How You Can, Too.
It Takes One to Tango is a groundbreaking guide that shows how one determined partner acting alone can spark lasting, significant change in a marriage, often accomplishing change that cannot be made any other way. It doesn t matter how short-fused, argumentative, or seemingly impossible your partner can be or how long you ve been stuck.
Marriage and family therapist Winifred Reilly has this message for struggling partners: Take the lead. Doing so is effective and powerful. Through Reilly's own story of reclaiming her now nearly forty-year marriage, along with anecdotes from many clients she's worked with, you'll learn how to:
- Focus on your own behaviors and change them in ways that make you feel good about yourself and your marriage
- Take a firm stand for what truly matters to you without arguing, cajoling, or resorting to threats
- Identify the big picture issues at the basis of your repetitive fights and learn how to unhook from them
- Be less reactive, especially in the face of your spouse's provocations
- Develop the strength and stamina to be the sole agent of change
Combining psychological theory, practical advice, and personal narrative, It Takes One to Tango is a fresh and engaging guide that will empower those who choose to take a bold, proactive approach to creating a loving and lasting marriage.