- About Us
- Books Inc. Bestsellers
- Indie Bestsellers
- Award Winners
- Agatha Award
- Anthony Awards
- Caldecott Medal
- Edgar Allen Poe Award
- Hugo Award
- Indies Choice Award
- James Beard Foundation
- Lambda Literary Award
- Man Booker Prize
- National Book Awards
- National Book Critics Circle
- Nebula Award
- Newberry Award
- Nobel Prize for Literature
- PEN/Faulkner Award
- PEN/Hemingway Foundation
- Pulitzer Prizes
- Triangle Awards
- Indie Next
- Recently Reviewed
- Book Clubs
- Thinking Parents' Book Group
- Classics I Forgot To Read
- Big Yes Society
- 4th Tuesday Book Club
- Silicon Valley Reads 2013
- The Cooks & Books Book Club
- B.G.P Social Network
- Big Yes Society Discussion
- Broken Compass Adventure
- Central SF Classic Lit
- Cooks and Books
- Desert Island Book Club
- First Saturday Book Club
- Hands On Bay Area
- Healthy Lives: The Book Club
- The Hungry Bookseller
- The Intimates: East Bay Queer Book Club
- LitVoyeur (Online)
- Neptune Garden Book Club
- Night of the Living Book Club
- Politically Inspired Book Club
- Recommended by a Stranger
- SF LGBT/Books Inc.
- SF Travel Book Club
- Women We'd Like To Lunch With
- World Affairs Council
- Not Your Mother's ACTUAL Book Club
- One City One Book
- Second Saturday
- Young@Heart Book Club
- Calendar of Events
- Endorse Reading
- Kid Stuff
Books must show On Our Shelves Now for same day pick-up in stores.
We recommend calling stores that show low stock numbers.
The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier YOU! (Paperback)
This Book Is Not Sold Online - In Store Special Order Only
Special Order - Subject to Availability
The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises is the essential workout guide for anyone who wants a better body. As the most comprehensive collection of exercises ever created, this makeover manual is a body-shaping power tool for both beginners and longtime fitness buffs alike. From start to finish, this 480-page makeover manual bulges with hundreds of useful tips, the latest findings in exercise science, and cutting-edge workouts from the world's top trainers. Inside The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises you'll find: 619 Exercises!
All expertly demonstrated with color photographs, with dozens of movements for every muscle in your body, including:
* More than 100 core exercises! You'll never run out of ways to sculpt your abs.
* 74 biceps, triceps, and forearm exercises: Tone your arms faster than ever before.
* 64 chest exercises, to burn more calories and even help give your bosom a lift.
* 103 back exercises, to make sure you turn heads in your backless dress.
* 40 shoulder exercises, so you can wear a tank top with confidence.
* 99 quadriceps and calves exercises, to help you look great in a pair of shorts.
* 62 glutes and hamstrings exercises, for the perfect backside. Hundreds of workouts!
From cover to cover, you'll quickly see that there's a training plan for every fitness goal—whether you want to shrink your hip, find your abs, or shape your arms. Highlights include:* The World's Greatest 4-Week Diet and Exercise Plan
Lose 10 pounds of pure fat in 30 days! This scientifically proven plan, based on research from the University of Connecticut, shows what's truly possible when you combine the right kind of diet with the right kind of exercise. You'll build muscle and lose fat faster than ever.* The Get-Your-Body-Back (Fast!) Guide
If you've never even picked up a weight, you'll want to try this plan from Joe Dowdell, C.S.C.S. Joe makes his living training models, athletes, and celebrities, and has worked with such names as Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes, Molly Sims, and Kate Hudson, as well as Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated swimsuit models. And the strategies he uses when designing workouts for his high-profile clientele are the same ones he employs to help you quickly burn fat, firm up, and improve your overall fitness.* The Bikini-Ready Workout
This fitness plan will help you flatten your stomach and tighten your butt. It’s designed by celebrity trainer Valerie Waters, who has perfected the body-shaping workouts you’ll find here on dozens of Hollywood stars, including Jennifer Garner, Rachel Nichols, Kate Beckinsale, and Jessica Biel. Add your name to Valerie’s client list to tone your total body and feel more confident than ever.* The Skinny Jeans Workout
Want to look sexier in a pair of Sevens? Try this routine from Women’s Health fitness advisor Rachel Cosgrove, CSCS. In a pilot study at Rachel’s gym, clients who tried the plan dropped two jean sizes in just 8 weeks. And:* The Wedding Workout
Look great—just in time for the big day (and your honeymoon!)* The Hard-Body Workout
Use this 12-week plan to tone your legs, arms, and abs faster than ever
* The Lose-the-Last-10-Pounds Workout
Your guide to finishing off that last bit of flab for good
* The Total-body Arm-shaping Workout
Blast fat as you shape and firm your arms
* The Best Three-Exercise Workouts
Shrink your hips with just three simple moves
* The Prenatal Workout
Stay fit and healthy during your pregnancy
* The Best Workouts for a Crowded Gym
Sculpt a lean, fit body—no waiting!* The Time-Saving Couples Workout
Burn fat together (it's the secret to better sex!)* The Best Bodyweight Workouts
Take your workout anywhere with these no-weight routines* The 10 Best 15-Minute Workouts
Bust stress, blast fat, and build muscle in almost no time Plus:
Every page of The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises is filled with the fitness and nutrition tips and tricks you need to sculpt the body you want.Throughout the book, you'll discover:* The secret to burning 40 percent more fat.
* The 18 fitness mistakes you should never make
* The best stretch for every muscle
* The fastest cardio workout of all-time (just 4 minutes!)
* The best exercises you've never done
* The 8 healthiest foods you aren't eating
* The 4 perfect fitness foods
* The 25 super snacks that keep you lean
* The 5 biggest nutrition lies—exposed!
* The truth about saturated fat
* The simple way to master the pushup
* The 20 ways lifting weights helps you look great, stay healthy, and live longer
About the Author
Adam Campbell is the fitness director for Women’s Health and a National Magazine Award-winning writer. He holds a master’s degree in exercise physiology and is a NSCA-certified strength and conditioning coach. Campbell has appeared on Good Morning America, The Early Show, and VH-1.