Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
When it was first published in 1994, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom quickly became an international bestseller, and for the past fifteen years it has remained the veritable bible of women’s health. Now, in this revised and updated edition, world-renowned and much-beloved women’s health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup shares with us the latest developments and advances that will maximize our potential for living well in our bodies today. Inside you will discover
• new material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life
• the spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others
• vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps
• extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health
• the importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects
• how to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic
• all you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests
• life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition
• the essentials on the “fountain of youth molecule”—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health
Living a healthy life in a woman’s body can be downright fun—even ecstatic! And that’s good news for everyone—women, men, and their children.
About the Author
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Christiane Northrup is a foremost advocate of women's health and wellness. She received her medical degree form Dartmouth Medical School and went on to complete her residency at Tufts New England Medical Center Affiliated Hospitals, where she received a Teacher of the Year Award at Tufts Medical School. Dr. Northrup wrote Womens' Bodies, Women's Wisdom, a book that combined holistic health with conventional medicine for optimal well being.