- About Us
- Books Inc. Bestsellers
- Indie Bestsellers
- Award Winners
- Agatha Award
- Anthony Awards
- Caldecott Medal
- Edgar Allen Poe Award
- Hugo Award
- Indies Choice Award
- James Beard Foundation
- Lambda Literary Award
- Man Booker Prize
- National Book Awards
- National Book Critics Circle
- Nebula Award
- Newberry Award
- Nobel Prize for Literature
- PEN/Faulkner Award
- PEN/Hemingway Foundation
- Pulitzer Prizes
- Triangle Awards
- Indie Next
- Recently Reviewed
- Book Clubs
- One City One Book - San Francisco Reads
- Thinking Parents' Book Group
- Classics I Forgot To Read
- Big Yes Society
- 4th Tuesday Book Club
- Silicon Valley Reads 2013
- The Cooks & Books Book Club
- B.G.P Social Network
- Big Yes Society Discussion
- Broken Compass Adventure
- Central SF Classic Lit
- Cooks and Books
- Desert Island Book Club
- First Saturday Book Club
- Hands On Bay Area
- Healthy Lives: The Book Club
- The Hungry Bookseller
- The Intimates: East Bay Queer Book Club
- LitVoyeur (Online)
- Modern Lit Book Club
- The Magical Adventures Book Club
- Neptune Garden Book Club
- Night of the Living Book Club
- Politically Inspired Book Club
- Recommended by a Stranger
- SF Business Book Club
- SF LGBT/Books Inc.
- SF Travel Book Club
- Women We'd Like To Lunch With
- World Affairs Council
- Second Saturday
- Calendar of Events
- Kid Stuff
- Signed Books
The order deadline for standard 3-5 day shipping within the contiguous US is December 17 for Christmas delivery.
Books must show On Our Shelves Now for same day pick-up in stores.
We recommend calling stores that show low stock numbers.
The order deadline for Christmas delivery for standard 3-5 day shipping within the contiguous US is Noon on December 17.
Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes a brutal arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of assassins – for a price. Packed with love, magic, and deadly games of courtly intrigue and treason, book one of a fast-paced YA trilogy set in 15th-century France combines romance with captivating action.
About the Author
Robin LaFevers was raised on fairy tales, Bulfinch’s mythology, and nineteenth-century poetry. It is not surprising that she grew up to be a hopeless romantic. She was lucky enough to find her one true love, and is living happily ever after with him in California.
Praise for Grave Mercy: His Fair Assassin, Book I…
Cynthia Leitich Smith, New York Times best-selling author of the Tantalize series:
"A delectable simmer of intrigue and ferocity, passion and compassion. Grave Mercy sates and fascinates, even as it leaves you craving more."
Elizabeth Bunce, author of Starcrossed and A Curse Dark as Gold:
"Chilling, deftly plotted, and with a thread of subtly crafted romance. Readers will be seduced by LaFevers's deadly snare of haunting magic and courtly intrigue."
Laura Whitcomb, author of A Certain Slant of Light:
"Atmospheric, romantic, and gripping."
Ten Teen Reads You Can't Miss, Entertainment Weekly.com, October 2012:
"Prepare to enjoy LaFevers' tasty court intrigue and one badass heroine."
Starred review, Booklist:
* "With characters that will inspire the imagination, a plot that nods to history while defying accuracy, and a love story that promises more in the second book, this is sure to attract feminist readers and romantics alike."
Starred review, Kirkus Reviews:
* "LaFevers' ambitious tapestry includes poison and treason and murder, valor and honor and slow love, suspense and sexuality and mercy. A page-turner-with grace."
Starred review, Publishers Weekly:
* "Rich in historical detail, well-realized characters, political machinations, and enticingly prickly scenes between Ismae and Duval, LaFevers's complex tale incorporates magic both sparingly and subtly. This powerful first volume of the His Fair Assassin series should attract many readers."
Starred review, School Library Journal:
* "The book is well written and filled with fascinating, complex characters who function realistically in this invented medieval world."
Starred review, Shelf Awareness:
#3 on Kids' Indie Next List, spring 2012
An Amazon Best Teen Book of 2012