King of the Mild Frontier: An Ill-Advised Autobiography (Hardcover)
This Book Is Not Sold Online - In Store Special Order Only
Do You Know:
- A good reason to be phobic about oysters and olives?
- That you can step inside a roaring coal furnace and feet cool?
- That Jesus had an older brother?
- How shutting your mouth can help you avoid brain surgery?
- How to avoid cow-pies during your baptism?
- How to survive in the winter wilderness with only a fishing pole and a sausage?
knows the answers to these
things and more.
And once you have read about Chris Crutcher's life as a dateless, broken-toothed, scabbed-over, God-fearing dweeb, and once you have contemplated his ascension to the buckskin-upholstered throne of the King of the Mild Frontier, you will close this book, close your eyes and hold it to your chest, and say, "I, too, can be an author."Hell, anyone can.
About the Author
Chris Crutcher has written nine critically acclaimed novels, an autobiography, and two collections of short stories. He has won three lifetime achievement awards for the body of his work: the Margaret A. Edwards Award for Outstanding Literature for Young Adults, the ALAN Award for a Significant Contribution to Adolescent Literature, and the NCTE National Intellectual Freedom Award.
He has been a child and family therapist with the Spokane Community Mental Health Center and is currently chairperson of the Spokane Child Protection Team. Chris Crutcher lives in Spokane, Washington.